Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Essentials

In the Ali Edwards Life Artist News letter, Ali asked us what our essentials were for scrapbooking. Here are mine, in no particular order. :)

Pictures & Memories. What would you scrap if you didn't have pictures and memories? Those two are necessities in my world anyway! :)

Camera. I love my camera. I have a Canon IS 2. Now I want a camera that is small enough to carry around in my purse. But I'm dreaming on that one, LOL.

Textured cardstock. I tend to reach for my black and white staples more than anything, I love that I can buy a huge pack of black & white from Hobby Lobby for cheap. :) I could honestly get by with only cardstock and still scrap. I'm sorta patterned paper challenged, although that doesn't keep me from buying loads of PP. :)

Black Pen, Pencil, and Extra Fine Sharpie. The black pen, I have two of them for journaling. I honestly don't use them on every LO that I do, but I love how they write. The brand name of them escapes me at the moment. The Pen is for making lines on the paper I'm cutting. I can't cut straight without a line, LOL. The Extra Fine Sharpie is for marking on my ruler. I'm awful with measurements and do much better when I mark on my ruler.

Paper Trimmer. I'm currently using a Provo Craft trimmer and I love it. It was the best money I spent. I got it at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon. It was normally $6.99. ;) I absolutely love it! And of course it's pink and green and can't go wrong with that cutting combination.

Ruler. I always use one of my color plastic rulers. They are transparent and I *love* them. I think I have 4 of them. Picked them up at the $1 store, they were 3 for $1. :) And of course I can write on them with my Sharpie and when I'm done, just wipe the marker off with an alcohol wipe. If you do that, just don't wipe off the bottom of the ruler where the actual measurements are. They tend to disappear. (Don't ask me how I know that. ;))

X-acto Knife. I just this for *everything*. I honestly don't think I could scrap if I didn't have my trusty little knife with a blade in in. Oh, a tip on those, don't try to catch it if it falls off the table. Especially if the cap is off.

Bone Folder. I use this when I'm making cards or anything that needs a crease! I paid $5 for mine, and it is *so* worth the money. It comes in really handy when you are folding paper for 100 Christmas Cards to send out.

Baby wipes. I use these all the time. I buy the Pampers, unscented ones, because they are cheaper than the store brand ones when I have a coupon. Plus I get more of them. :) I've started to just buy the refill packs. I was thinking I should alter my wipe container too. That way it will look pretty sitting on my desk. I tend to use a lot of Mod Podge when altering stuff, or my inks and I'm not a neat person at all when I scrap. They are so handy to use to use to clean up messes, or if you accidentally set your elbow on your Mod Podge brush. ;)

Adhesives. I think I have an adhesive addiction problem. I have a whole basket FULL of adhesives. It's kinda comical how many I have. If I had to narrow it down, I would go for my Tombow Mono Adhesive Runner, UHU liquid glue and of course, Mod Podge.
Rub-ons. I seriously think I use rubons on every LO I do. I use those so much more than stickers. I love them. Once again, I have a huge basket full, LOL.

What are your essentials for your hobby? If you take this challenge, link me to your blog! :)

No comments: