Friday, September 21, 2007

Groceries and Scrapbooking

Jason and I have been working on a budget since I'm going to be going part time here soon. We are cutting out all frivolous spending and things will be tight, but it will be so worth it. I will be home more and able to cook and do more of my wifely duties. I'm so looking forward to that.

I dusted off my price book and got that in order again to start using. As I was going through it, I noticed that some of the things that I thought were good deals really weren't back then! My entries were from 2005, and I would love to go back and pay 87 cents for 18 eggs again, lol. I thought $1 a loaf of bread was a good deal. I can make a loaf of home made bread for about 30 cents.

Anyway, while looking through there, I got to thinking that Hy-Vee hasn't had a good sale on Ground Turkey in a while. I also noticed that I haven't ever seen any coupons in the ads for ground turkey. Hmmm....we *LOVE* the Honeysuckle White brand and I thought I would contact the company to see where I could look for coupons and even if they put any out. I filled out the little contact form on the website and they replied the next day and said that they would send me some "money savings coupons" and to request them again in 3 months. Sweet! I ended up getting $3 off in coupons. The Hy-Vee ad this week game on Tuesday and I was *thrilled* to see that the Honeysuckle white turkey was on sale 10 for $10. It's the 93/7 ground turkey and is usually $2.39 for a 1 pound roll. Also the sausage was on sale. Sweet!!! Jason and I stocked up!! We now have 30 pounds of ground turkey in the freezer and 10 pounds of ground turkey sausage. This great of a sale usually only goes on twice a year. Once in the fall and once in the spring. I'm tempted to go back and get more sausage, but I'm not sure. I will ask Jason.

Last night I had my first design team meeting. Actually it was like a drop in session meeting, but it went great! I got a project that is going to be a bit challenging, but it is also going to be fun. And of course it involves altering something! I will be sure to post pictures where when it's done. I don't want to give away anything more than that right now. :) I'm excited to get started on it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great buys you found! just remember that if you go back and buy some of the sausage package it in freezer zip lock bags to help it keep it's flavor.

ma