Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday

Wow, with all of the flood and the busy week this week, I haven't really updated.

I got baptized on Saturday, August 18. It was an amazing experience. I have pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet. Everyone was so happy for me, and it was so nice to see some members of the church come out and attend the baptism. There is so much that I want to tell, the music, the prayers, the speakers, everything. Right now though, my mind is too fuzzy and I'm too tired.

On Wednesday the missionaries called me and asked if they could come out on Friday. It was a whirlwind pick up of the house and get ready. Usually it's the missionaries and one other person, but tonight it was just the missionaries. They asked how things were going, how my reading was going, and how life was going. Surprisingly, I opened up and shared a few things that I had been praying about and that have been going on. I don't know why I opened up, but they shared some scriptures that meant a lot to me. I can't tell you how much it meant to me, having an outside view on things. I have tears in my eyes, just thinking about it now.

On Monday I had my design team interview at TJ's. I am now officially on the design team, just doing altered stuff. YAY! I'm so excited. :) I can't wait to see what they give me to play with and use. It might not be every month, and I might end up teaching a class, which is fine. I have finally accepted that my knack for altered stuff is a gift as people have referred to it. One lady at work said that it is wonderful that I am going to be able to share my gift with others. You know what, that is an amazing thing to me. I have a gift, it is something I enjoy doing, and even though I don't think it's much, others do. I am so happy to have something creative that I can call my gift.

On Wednesday I had my interview for the Teaching Assistant position open at work. Before going in to the interview, I prayed that I would be able to clear and concise in my speaking, that my thoughts would come out clearly, and that I would be relaxed and be myself, and that the Heavenly Father would be there with me, helping along. I walked in, and I felt so confident and knew that it was Him guiding me. I really think the interview went ok, but I'm not 100% positive. I mean even if I did great at the interview, someone else might have more experience, etc. It's in God's hands. Whatever is His will, will happen. I trust in the Lord. I am much more relaxed after the interview now. I can only wait and see. I should know something in the next couple weeks.

I have pictures of some thank you cards that I made for the people that spoke and helped with my baptism. They are on my computer, but I'm just too lazy to crop, edit, and fix the colors right now. They will be posted soon.

Jason and I are going to head up north this weekend. We are leaving when he is done with work. On Sunday Sandy and Laura are coming over to Ma's to scrapbook. I am so looking forward to that. I've packed what seems to be half of my scrapbook room, lol. Waaaay too much stuff, but I don't know what exactly I'm going to work on.

On XLC, the xbox message board I go to, we are going to do a photography scavenger hunt. Basically there will be a list of things that we have to take pictures of and then we will post them on our Flickr! group. I am so looking forward to this. I love taking pictures and need to get better and more comfortable with my camera. I will be sure to post the pics here, or at least link ya to mine. :)

Anyway, I should probably go, finish packing, and head to bed and get a bit of sleep before we leave. :)

No comments: