Friday, December 29, 2006

Projects


Sometime in December I made a pet sympathy card for a co-worker who had to put her cat down. Now me, I'm not a big pet person, but I do know that a loss is a loss, it doesn't matter if it's a pet or person. A couple of people were kind of ribbing on her about how upset she was and I felt so bad. So I made her this very simple pet card to show her that I care. I was kinda at a loss, but I think it turned out cute. :)




















Speaking of at work, I have a corner desk, that basically looks into a corner, but I have a door right there too. But when I'm looking at my computer, behind the monitor there is a bulletin board. It was a plain ugly board and we typically don't put anything up there except for a calendar and the birthday list. But that's it. I thought I would make it bright and cheery. I cut up 12, 6" squares and put them on the board. I like it. Every time I look up I smile and it makes me happy. I thought it turned out pretty good even though I messed up the pattern, LOL. :) Everyone that has noticed it seems to like it as well, except for one person who said it was a waste of time.....first, off it's absolutely dead in the office and if it makes you happy, nothing is a waste of time! At least that is my thinking on it. :) Anyway, here is a picture of the board. Yes, it is lacking a calendar right now, I'm bringing in my "Office" calendar on Tuesday. That will make me ever more happy. :D Here is picture of the board. Sorry for the crappy quality, I took it with my camera phone. :)


2 comments:

blessedabundantly said...

Those are great.

Unknown said...

Great job Ambers! Your so talented. :)
God Bless,
Michele