Monday, March 14, 2011

Major Decision

First, I have to say that I saved this from the PostSecret website back in 2009 sometime. The thing about PostSecret secrets is that there really isn't an archive of them. I tend to save the ones that mean something to me. I was just looking around on my computer for a file I created quite a while ago and stumbled across this.

This fits me well. Though not necessarily the word "compromised." I have thought about others during every major decision in my life. I have put myself last while making them. Now how is that fair to me? It's not. From now on. I'm doing the unthinkable to me. I'm putting myself first. I'm worth it.

If anyone out there reading my blog is like me, and putting everyone else first in their life and yourself last, I'm going to be blunt here, that is part of what landed me in the psych ward. Now I'm not saying go out and be selfish in every decision you make. But remember to take time for you. Think about yourself some more. Make time for yourself and the stuff you want to do. If there is a major decision in your life, don't put other's opinions first. Put yourself first. You are worth it.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Putting yourself first is the number 1, best thing you can do for you right now!

Amber said...

Thanks Nicole, that's what I thought! :)

Anonymous said...

Amber, your thoughts touch me deeply... Your thoughts inspire. Is that you in that photo?...

Lucie

Amber said...

Thanks Lucie. That is not me in the photo. That postcard and photo inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I am happy that you now focus on you and the things you want to do. Keep focused on that and dont have a bad feeling. I am sure there are a few people who might not like the change because if you focus on yourself there is none who focus on them! Be strong and keep on going this healthy new way!!
Love*Linn