Saturday, February 19, 2011

Painting

Long story short, I'm moving back in with Jason. One thing with the house is that we never made it "ours." The house was Jason's grandparents and when we re-did the living room, I felt that I got a lot of flack from Jason's dad for changing it and painting it bright red. I love it though, but that stopped me from continuing to upgrade the house. It's been a huge challenge for me. I haven't felt like the house is "home" if that makes sense.

Tonight Jason and I went to Menard's to look a paint colors. We ended up buying some since they were on sale, plus we got 2 rebates, which means that we ended up getting 3 gallons free.

So the colors are a little off in my samples here, but you can get the general gist. Feel free to look up the colors online if you want! I could find linkable samples.












I can't wait to start painting!!!!!

5 comments:

Auntie Doreen said...

The lemon balm is very similar to what I painted the thrid bedroom in our house. It's a very calming and happy color; I just love it. Team it up with stark white and periwinkle blue, and throw some sage green around with it. Kind of vintage-y and comforting.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad to hear that your moving back in and you do need to feel at home in a house and do need to make it yours! I really love the colors and they are great choices. I cant wait to see pics of it all! Lots of love :)

Janet

Amber said...

That's a good idea Auntie Doreen! :) I never would have thought to team it up with periwinkle blue. The sage and white, I do get. :) I kinda want to do the house in a vintage inspired theme. I just love vintage inspired.

Janet, I'm so excited too! :) I'll be sure to take pics Janet! Usually I agonize over colors, but I decided to just buckle down and do it tonight!

Cindy said...

I love the colors!! the kitchen colors really caught my eye....some stark white and black pot rack so lots you can do to draw in vintage

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
I am sooo happy and glad and surprised and excited and stunned and amazed..that the two of you move together again!!! yessss!:)
I will keep you and your marriage in my prayers!
Love the color you have choosen! Make some piccies when you are done but until then! HAPPY Painting!
Love you*Linn*