Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 {Kid's Favorite Chocolate Chip Muffins}

Day 11
As far of my New Year's Resolutions, I'm going to try more recipes. Specifically, 3 a month for a year. This is the first one that I've tried so far this month. Here is the link to the original recipe.

I didn't have any whole wheat flour on hand (thought I did, but apparently I used it all!) so I used all purpose flour. Also, I used pumpkin pie spice in the muffins since I have a ton of that for some reason.

The verdict is that they are really good! Jason even liked them despite the fact that they have pumpkin in them! I will be making them again for sure, though of course with a couple modifications.

I think next time I'm going to use the whole wheat flour, cut the oil in half and use applesauce, and I need to see if I can't cut down the sugar. Though I won't be making these again for a while since we have 36 of them! That is a ton of muffins for 2 people!!!

If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Susan Kara said...

Hobo pissed on my door. So i rubbed his face in it. *trying not to wake mom, it's midnight (i've got surgery tomorrow. I can sleep all day. Plus i'm behind and i'm procrastinating homework)* Well, apparently, me hitting his hipps, then rubbing his snout in his urine did not teach him a lesson, or make him afraid of me. He is sitting on my foot right now.


APPLE SAUCE YOU SAY?!?!

Amber said...

YES! Apple sauce!!!

You can cut down some of the oil by using applesauce! :)