Monday, October 12, 2009

{Recipe} Greek Salad

Greek Salad
8 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat Feta cheese
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp salt

Combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.

Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt into a small bowl.

Our over the lettuce mixture and toss until coated.

Recipe from: South Beach Diet book

Amber's Notes:
Supposedly this is to make 1 serving. I could only eat half of it and did toss a little bit of diced chicken on it that I had on hand.

This is really good and yummy! I will be making this again and think I might make the "dressing" to put on other stuff. Loved it! Plus it was so easy to make.

I totally meant to take a picture of it, but spaced it. When I have the rest of it, if I remember I will add a picture.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

That sounds yummy!