Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quotes from Retreat

A while back we had a work retreat where we had to draw a picture of a pig and depending on certain aspects of the pig that you drew, there were different perceptions/thoughts that are supposed to identify with you.  I have my very badly drawn pig and I was going to put it up on here to share, but of course I haven't taken a picture of it yet.  

Anyway, the reason why I wanted to blog about it this is that during the presentation there were some awesome quotes that were shared and that I wanted to share here on my blog.  I foound them inspiring!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."  ~Sir Winston Churchill

"Outside my window, a new day I see

Only I can determine what kind of day it will be.

 It can be busy and sunny, laughing and gay

Or boring and cold, unhappy and grey.

 My own state of mind is the determining key

For I am only the person I let myself be.

 I can be thoughtful and do all I can to help

Or be selfish and think just of myself.

 I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun

Or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone.

 I can be patient with those who don’t understand

or belittle and hurt them as much as I can.

 But, I have faith in myself and I believe when I say,

I personally intend to make the best of each day."

~Author Unknown

No comments: