Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My tattoo

I have been wanting a tattoo for a long time. In fact it was on my list of things to do before I die. I just couldn't decide what or where.   On Monday I woke up and decided that I wanted to get one this week.   Of course Jason made it happen for me.   He has been wanting me to get one for quite a while.   I knew I wanted a bird of some sort and I wanted it on my ankle.  Jason suggested a sparrow since I love them, and of course it was perfect!  I went with it.   Brought a few pictures with me to Rochester Tattoo and asked if Angie was available since I liked her work I seen on myspace and she was.  Perfect!   She sketched out what I wanted and off we went.

Here is the stencil:


Angie working on the outline. The outline hurt the most and it wasn't intolerable at all. I thought the pain would be much worse than it was. There were a couple really sensitive spots, but nothing bad and that made me want to cry.



Me watching Angie tattoo me.



The outline is done!


The shading being worked on.


Check out some of the color. Love the colors!


My artist Angie hard at work on me. She was so cute and pregnant.


Check out all the colors and the ink!


And the finished product!!


Click here to see it larger. :)

It only took about an hour once she got started. Since it was an hour, the tat was $100. I don't think that is bad at all! I just love my little sparrow tat. I feel like I should name him.

One thing to check off my bucket list now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe so cute..reminds me of snow white...

Cindy said...

I love it she did a great job!!!

ma

Lisa said...

oh my gosh SO cute! i've been drawing and redrawing a tat including 2 sparrows and cherries for quite a few years :) i love the sparrows!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you did it, hon! I can't wait to see it in person, next week! Have a great Friday, and try not to miss me too much! I'll miss you guys.

Amber said...

Thanks Bee, Ma, and Lisa! I just love it. I was thinking that my next is going to be Cherries. Love them.

I can't wait to show you Jessi!!! I just love it. :) We will miss you tomorrow! Have fun at the wedding and have a drink or two for me!