Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Survey!

Since I'm sitting here waiting for questions in ChaCha, I thought I would do this Christmas Survey I got in my email.   Feel free to copy and either email it or send it out via email!  If you blog about it, please let me know!  I'd love to read your answers. :)

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?     
    Wrapping Paper!  Typically complete with ribbon and bows.  I love the look of that!
  2. Real or artificial tree?
    Real tree!  Nothing compares to smell of a Christmas Tree.  One of my all time favorite smells.  
  3. When do you put up the tree?
    This all depends.  Last year we didn't get it up until about a week before Christmas.  This year we are going to go and buy our tree on December 2!  I can't wait!
  4. When do you take the tree down?
    Once again this all depends.  Typically the first part of January.
  5. Do you like eggnog?
    Nope.   Though give me Grandma's Apple Cider!  Mmmm....
  6. Favorite gift received as a child?
    This is a tough one.....I would have to say my Cabbage Patch Doll and High Chair that I got. 
  7. Hardest person to buy for?
    I love buying gifts.  I think that the older people get though the harder they are to buy for.
  8. Do you have a Nativity scene?
    Yes, I do!  I try to get a new one each year.  I just love them. :)
  9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
    Mail them of course!   And of course they have to be hand-made.  Though my list is extensive.  I've done 90 cards so far this year.  Need about another 5 made.
  10. Worst Christmas gift you have ever received?
    I really can't think of one.  
  11. Favorite Christmas movie?
    Nothing comes to mind.   I do like the Grinch and Elf, but I wouldn't call them favorites.
  12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
    December 26.  I like to keep an eye out for gifts all year long. :)
  13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
    I must admit that I have.  Though it went to someone who would enjoy the gift more than I could.
  14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
    Mom's cheese ball! Really any appetizery things.  LOVE that stuff.
  15. Lights on the tree?
    Yup, of course!   I tend to alternate between all white and the colored lights.
  16. Favorite Christmas Song?
    Winter Wonderland by Bing Crosby.
    Thistle Hair the Christmas Bear by Alabama (I can't find this song ANYWHERE!  It's from my childhood.  I remember the bright red Alabama album with the raised Gold Writing on it...)
    All She wants for Christmas is a real good tan by Kenny Chesney
  17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
    I don't mind traveling, but prefer to stay home.  But then nothing compares to spending it with family. :)  Can I choose both?  :D
  18. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer?
    Of course I can!  Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.  
  19. Angel on the tree stop or star?
    I have an angel.  It's the very first one I got at Ben Franklin when I had my tree.  I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.  Reminds me of the ones that Ma has.  
  20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
    Jason and I each open 1 or two on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day.
  21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
    All the Grinch's out there.  I absolutely love this time of year. :)
  22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
    Eclectic.  I love all of the ornaments Jason and I have.  We have some from our Childhood that we made or were give, as well as ones that we bought.  A mish-mash of all sorts of things.  It's perfect. 
  23. Favorite thing for Christmas Dinner?
    The works.  Basically think Thanksgiving and add some ham in there along with Christmas desserts.
  24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
    Anything handmade. :)
  25. Favorite Christmas gift as an adult?
    The chest that Grandpa Nelson made for me, and his sister rose-mauled my name and date of birth on it.  It's my favorite.

No comments: