Friday, April 18, 2008

Getting my ass kicked

by a small 20mg pill. So last Wednesday I went to the Doctor for my depression and he prescribed me Celexa, 20 mg once a day. He suggested that I start taking it in the morning, and if it makes me tired to take it at night. For the first 4 days I started taking it in the morning and about 2 hours later, I'm so tired, much worse than before I started taking it. I can't shake the feeling either. When I'm not working, or not working until late, I take a nap, since I can barely keep my eyes open.

The next two days, I decided to take it at night, and took it anywhere from 1-2 hours before I go to bed. I slept for about 2 hours, then I wake up, go to the bathroom, and can't get back to sleep anywhere from 1-3 hours. I have the whole racing thoughts, can't relax, the whole bit. Then I finally get sleep for a couple more hours, and am up for the day. That doesn't work either.

I need my sleep, if I don't get my sleep I get crabby. That's not a good thing. But I won't want to feel tired, and sleep the day away. I feel like I can't win. I'm hoping that this is a side effect and will go away.

I have another Dr. appt. on the 30th and will bring it up then if it's still happening, that is unless I can't stand it and give him a call sooner.

The good news is that I feel overall more mellow and not on a roller coaster. I don't know if it's possible to feel an effect already, but I do feel more mellow. Jason said he noticed a positive difference as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cymbalta ia the bomb. It did not keep me awake or make excessivly tired. I feel naturally better, if you understand what I am saying.

If in two weeks, you don't get an improvment, ask for a different med.

TAffy