Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Scrappy Chic

To address the anonymous commenter on my blog, who said,

"Is ScrappyChic turning into an in your face religious message board?"

The majority of the members on Scrappy Chic came from Mama Central, which was a religious, Christian Mom's board that covered many of the same topics that we do now. When Mama Central went down, I had the Scrappy Chic domain and hosting sitting there unused and essentially re-opened Mama Central under the Scrappy Chic name and continued to keep the hosting and domain name up. I contacted as many members of the original Mama Central group that I could because I couldn't imagine not having a place to meet and talk to with all of these wonderful ladies. Most of the same forums remain the same and a couple have been added. But essentially most of us came from Mama Central, meaning that when you joined Scrappy Chic, you should have realized that it was a board with religious roots.

I know that I am not the best Christian in the world, and have struggled with God. At one point I have even questioned his existence, but I know that I am a Christian and a believer. I may not go to church, or read the bible daily, but I am a Christian, and God impacts my life greatly and all of the ladies here are inspiring me to be a better person. A better wife. And inspiring me to live through God's word. Being able to talk about God and church is freedom of speech. There is no way I am going to stop the religious posts on Scrappy Chic. Why would I want to stop members from posting inspiring posts or their thoughts and beliefs? If you do not like what is posted on the board or find offense to what is posted on the board, post away there. The topics on the board are always open for a respectful debate.

Amber

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel bad that someone was hurt or offended by my joy. I am so very sorry.
Michele

Anonymous said...

Amber I admire for standing for your friends and their beliefs. (((HUGS)))

Michele, I strongly believe that you do not need to be sorry for sharing your joy and faith. (((HUGS)))

No one needs to be sorry for believing in God. I love Scrappy Chic like it is~a caring circle of friends who respect each other and support each other in everyday life...