Friday, April 14, 2006

4 Pounds down!

Last week I stumpbled across a website called SparkPeople. It's a website where you can track calories, etc. to lose weight. They have a goals section where you can input goals and such as well. I started tracking tracking what I was eating and was horrified at the calories, fat, carbs, that I was eating. I weighed myself the day I signed for for SP and I weighed 268. OUCH! That is awful.

At the during of Jason, I jumped on the scale on Wednesday, April 12. It said I weight 264. Down 4 pounds!! I truly wasn't expecting a weight loss of that much. It shocked me. I was giddy the rest of the night. I hope to be down to 200 or less by the end of the year.

We haven't eaten out since I started SP and I have felt that I have eaten out every night. I steamed shrimp, made a healthy pizza loaded with veggies, it's been amazing. I'm actually shocked at how much food is in my calorie range. I can make this work. I can meet meet my goal. This is the first time that I have been on a diet that I feel I can stick with this.

Now I just need to keep up this enthusiam!

If you want to join SP, go to www.sparkpeople.com and if you would put my user name (AmPooh) in the referral field that would be great! It is a completely free site and offers, menus and such as well. Even a printable grocery list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, I will go check that out. And that is great about the weight loss!!!! I need to do something about my weight, I have gained a lot in the past few months and it is sooooo depressing. I need to get it under control now.

Magpie said...

I am so glad you wrote about this. I will be checking it out. I am down to around 228-230.. changes back and forth everyday. :0 So that is a weightloss of 26 lbs since August of last year. I feel better and my husband said I look better. (LOL as he digs with that shovel of his.)

kandi said...

thanks for sharing the site!! I am at a lull in weight loss.