Thursday, February 23, 2006

Laurie...Scrapbooking :)

Laurie, instead of answering you in the comments section, I thought you deserved your own post, LOL.

I haven't scrapped in ages and ages and I am so far behind it isn't even funny
any more.

Don't worry about getting far behind in scrapbooking. In my opinion, it's not about scrapping in any order, and you shouldn't stress if you are behind! In the "Big Picture Scrapbooking" book by Stacy Julian, she said something to the effect that it's ok to not scrap in order, it's ok to be behind, and it's ok to scrap the same picture more than once. That was very enlightening for me. I mean, all along, I knew that Scrapbooking really had no rules, but for someone to come out and actually say it, that was amazing to me! That book really inspired me.

Now some people might say that I sound all conceited and a know-it-all for this, and I'm not that way. I just wanted to share what I learned, and to hopefully inspire someone to not worry about the "rules." Especially since there are none!

Now Laurie, go scrap a page and forget about everything this else for a bit!

2 comments:

Magpie said...

Thanks Amber, but I am so anal that being this far behind is eating at me!! However, I don't have time to sit down and drag out all my stuff from being packed, so that I can scrap. It is gonna be quite awhile before I can scrap. Good news is, the camera took a crap.. so I can't get any FURTHER behind. ROFL

Oh, I am also a chronological scrapper. Anal. Ocassionally, I will do out of time pages, that reflect another year or THis is Now and that was THen stuff, but for the most part.. my books are time order.

Anonymous said...

I love scrapbooking, but I do get overwhelmed. But let's face it, it doesn't take much for ME to get overwhelmed LOL I am the definition of anal when it comes to anything!!

My camera needs a new battery so I'm not adding anything to the pile right now either.