Thursday, August 06, 2009

Day 2 of C25K (Or Awful Pictures of Me)

Tonight I did Day 2 of Week 1 on C25K. Ok, I actually did it 1 1/2 times. This afternoon I did half of it, but then couldn't finish because of my awful headache. I was determined to it though, and tonight after the Tweetup, I did. Yay!

Things I learned tonight
  • I need to get either an ipod shuffle or an armband for my current ipod
  • I need to buy a sports bra
  • Music helps get through the workout
Now all of these should have been pretty obvious, especially since I LOVE music. I found a place that offers mixes of music done to the format of the C25K, which tells you when to run, walk etc. That helped immensely!!! LOVED it. Here's the link if you are interested. Just scroll down. Oh and so far I have used only week 1, but loved the mix of music on it! A bit of rap, pop, country, everything. Perfection!

(This is where the guys run away now.)So I've been doing my workouts in my regular bras and yea, they aren't cutting it. Need to make a stop and buy a decent sports bra. The ones that I had from before don't support me enough. So need to go shopping.

What I wear to workout doesn't have any pockets at all. Yea, I know, who makes pants without pockets?!?! Anyway, I don't have an armband for my ipod and either need to get one of those, or perhaps reward myself with a small shuffle. For lack of better place to put it, I put my ipod between my breasts.

For some reason this cracked me up, and I had to take pictures.

Warning: Pictures of a fat girl working out ahead!


Last warning...proceed if you wish!













All of the cords and the ipod just made me laugh. I know, I know, I shouldn't post pictures like this on my blog, but hey, it's my blog and I can do what I want. :P

So all said and done tonight, I went 1.54 miles and burned 212 calories. I have no idea how long I walked/ran and calories burned earlier because I forgot to not them. I did burn more calories and ran longer tonight than yesterday. That's an improvement. I did mess with the incline and speed more tonight too. Still trying to figure out what works best for me. I know that I'm always going to use the incline though.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome work! What kind of iPod do you have? I have one of the sort of squarish nanos and have an armband for that (which I have never used). I got it at the Dollar Tree of all places. You might check there for a band.

I hear you on the sports bra too. Ouch. Just sayin'.

Amber said...

Thanks Heather! :)

I have a classic ipod. One of the video ones. So not small. I will have to check at the dollar tree. That will be perfect if they have one!

Lisa said...

yay go you!!! i'm totally jazzed for you :) i need to get back on the horse and workout again...i'm paying for a gym membership i haven't used in close to 3 months. ugh. so if you have big boobs like do, what wear under my clothes is a regular bra..its from lane bryant and it's their softer bra's? kinda flimsy and breathable, then a sports bra on top of that. holds the girls pretty well in place lol and i hate having the uni-boob so i like to wear something with an underwire underneath. and i have an ipod shuffle and it's sooo perfect. just clips onto your clothing and holds tons of songs! good investment in my opinion!

anyhoo, keep up the awesome work! you rock :)

Leslie Jordan said...

Too funny! I've done that before too. Too, too funny. You're so cute.