Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reflection

Looking back at my middle and high school years isn't a good thing for me.  I hated school and my life back then. I was teased and bullied for everything under the sun, but mainly my weight and hair.  (I wonder if that's why I hate my hair so much now?)  I was shy and hated talking in front of people and tried to make myself as invisible as I could to not be seen.

I've been reading Susan and Julie's blogs lately.  Well whenever they post, Julie hasn't posted much, but Susan does just about every day.   Both girlies have been though a lot and have been bullied, especially Susan.  But she is different than me.  She stands up for herself and doesn't try to be invisible.   I wish I were more like her.   

I also envy the both girls style.  I wish I were closer to their age and could experiment with my hair and makeup and clothes like they do.   I really feel that that look is me, but what kind of 25 year old woman dresses like that.  Maybe I shouldn't care. Maybe I'm still trying to be invisible like I was in school.  Maybe it's time to step out of my shell a bit.

No comments: