Friday, May 12, 2006

Cleaning Bug.

It seems like I get the cleaning bug at work more than at home. I wonder if it is because my office is a much smaller space. I dusted all my shelves, filed and tossed a bunch of stuff and even vacuumed my office. As well as everyone else in the office. Now if only I could do this at home. The house isn't that bad, except for all the crap from the linen closet (not a closet, it was a free standing shelving thing) that I doesn't fit in the new chest o' drawers that we are using for a linen closet.

We went to IKEA and bought this to use: http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/56333_XXXXXXXX_S6.jpg
Yes, I know that it's truly a dresser, but where we have it, and the height it doesn't remind me of a dresser. I even bought the cool drawer organizers to go in one drawer. http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/22492_PE107367_S3.jpg Love them. Organizes my make up and such perfectly! With the new storage unit, it really opens up the space more. I think that is what I'm trying to do in the house. Open space. Declutter. Simplify.

We even downsized our kitchen table and chairs. Bought a solid pine table and chairs for two. It works perfect for us! And really opens up the kitchen. :) Can't go wrong with that. Jason found a TV stand to go in the living room to replace the two that we have. Once again, simplifying! LOVE IT!! I couldn't find a picture of the table and chairs and TV stand.

Gotta love IKEA. We have been really happy with all that we have bought from there. You do have to put it together, but Jason enjoys doing that. We were really going to buy a new living room set from them, but they aren't comfortable. I really like the styles that they have, but it's gotta be comfortable. Last thing I want is an uncomfortable couch or chair.

Jason asked me the other day what I wanted to do on Sunday for un-mother's day. I know I picked a keeper if we celebrate un-mother's day. :) So I have to decide what we are going to do, I truly have no idea. Give me some ideas here....for once I'm clueless!

3 comments:

Jason said...

My goal is to downsize almost every room in the house.

You have 1 more day to figure out what to do for sunday!

Anonymous said...

I wish there was an IKEA around here. Sounds like a great place!!

Andy is going to take me out to eat sometime. I don't want to go this weekend because it will be too crowded, it will probably be Monday or Tuesday night when we go. I'm picking Red Lobster :)

Magpie said...

I like the clean lines of that dresser, Amber. The little cubbies for drawer organizing are really handy.