Sunday, December 05, 2010

Roast Chicken, Squash, and Dill Potatoes Romanoff


This was my lunch today. I was going to do it for dinner, but figured that if I cooked it for lunch it gives me a lot more time to clean the mess up, LOL.

I also thought I would document how I cooked this since I really enjoyed it, and often forget these things. (I feel really old when I forget too...)

So the squash was easy. I removed the seeds and the peel, chunked it and boiled it. Once it was done, I added a little butter, brown sugar, sea salt, and pepper. I didn't measure anything, just did it to taste. Then I mashed it all together. So yummy. So easy too.

The Roast Chicken idea was thanks to Roy. He mentioned this to me and it's so easy! All I did was rub the chicken with a little bit of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. I was going to put thyme and rosemary on it, but I didn't have them in my cupboard. So I went simple. Then just cook it at 450 until the juices run clear and the chicken is a lovely brown. It's so easy and oh so yummy.

I got the recipe for Dill Potatoes Romanoff from the Cooking for 2 magazine. Though today I tripled the batch so I would have leftovers and my potatoes needed to be used up. But this recipe is for 2 servings.

Dill Potatoes Romanoff
2 cups cubed potatoes
2/3 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Boil potatoes until done. In a blender puree the cottage cheese, sour cream, and flour. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the dill and salt. Add potatoes and toss gently.

Transfer to a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Makes 2 servings.


No comments: