Saturday, June 19, 2010

I sewed!!!!

I'm not the best sewer, more like a wanna-be sewer.  But Jessi was talking on Twitter about checkbook covers on Etsy.  I started browsing them and realized the ones that I really liked looked fairly easy to make and thought I could make them instead.   Now, I say this often.  I can totally make that.  But do I ever follow through?  Nope.  That's why I'm a wanna-be sewer.  I've been itching to sew after catching up on a ton of blogs.  I went searching online and found a pattern on this blog to make a checkbook cover.  I will totally be checking back on her blog since it looks so neat and fully of inspiration!!

Anyway, I started printing the directions at 3 p.m...waiting for all 8 pages to print since I'm lame and didn't want to bring my laptop into my craft room.  I dug around in my room looking for fabric and fusible interfacing to use, but I couldn't find any interfacing, so I ran to a sewing store down the street and came back.  I had to clear off my table in the craft room in order to make room to sew and cut, lol.  I really gotta clean that soon.  I spent a good 15 minutes trying to find my foot pedal for my sewing machine too.  Anyway, by about 4:25 I was done with my little checkbook cover!!!  I was shocked as I didn't think it would be that easy, but it really was!!  I was hoping to finish it before I left for work at 6:30.  I surprised myself!!

Here are the pictures I took of it.  Now, keep in mind that it's totally not perfect, but I am loving it so far.  Though if I make it again, I'm going to increase the width to about 7.5 inches or pay a bit more attention to my seams as it ended up being a bit too snug for my liking, but it works!

Here is the checkbook cover open:


And here is the outside view:


Not a bad first try, I don't think!  And isn't that fabric bright and fun?  I love it! :D

No comments: