Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Poem

While I was cleaning out the spare bedroom upstairs, I found a box of papers and such from my school years. There were school papers, poems, notes, slam books, etc in there. I started to go through them, but then decided that it would take too much time and I would go through them later. But with the few that I did go through, I found this poem that I wrote. Based on my writing, it was sometime in high school....I'm guessing somewhere between 1999-2000, but I don't know for sure. I never was a good writer, and don't know why I'm sharing it now, but I'm going to. Who knows, I might end up removing this post.

(untitled)
Death so close
People rushing around
Loud voices
Sirens
Frantic Screams

I whisper in a breaking voice I love you
To the one who holds my lifeless hand
I take a deep breath while tears stream down my face
Visions float through my head

Playing with laughing cousins
Christmas at home
Good times in school
Sleepovers with my friends
You
My wedding

A loud muffled voice interrupts these visions
Repeating I love you, don't leave me here alone
I am torn
Where do I go?

Someone gently guides me
Angels appear
Everything is white
Silent
But loving
Comforting

BANG
I whisper in a terrified voice
What was that?
I feel a cold hand on my shoulder, shaking me
I slowly, mechanically turn around

I see a smiling face
We embrace
He says we will be together forever
I smile and we walk away
Hand in hand on the clouds
Watching over the world

No comments: