Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Balance

Balance. Our sanity depends on it. Some people thrive on being busy all the time, I'm not one of them. Lately I have been struggling with balancing everything; it's such a huge internal struggle for me. I need to find a way to find a balance with all that I want to do and what needs to be done. Yesterday I needed a day at home. Thankfully I got it. I stayed home all day and never once left the house. I can't remember the last time I did that. I'm afraid that I may have made some people upset by my day home, but I truly needed it. It gave me time to reflect and to get a few things done around the house that I have been putting off.

Before when I was working full time I felt like everything was balanced very carefully. I worked every day and then Friday's were my evening alone and Jason and I managed to get everything done that we wanted. It was a perfect balance.

This last fall I started going scrapbooking just about every Friday and that felt like a good balance too. I got my socializing in, plus got some scrapbooking done.

Lately though I feel that I need to make some changes. Need to find a better balance. I feel that I'm all over the place. I miss being at home. I used to be such a homebody and I haven't been lately. I need that back in my life.

I thought about this a lot yesterday, in fact I had this blog entry written in my head yesterday. (But would you think I remembered any of it today. Nope, of course not.) I'm going to try to make a few changes and see how I feel then. Simple changes such as running errands one day a week and not multiple, clean the house on my days off. Not go scrapbooking every Friday. Go for about 2 a month. I need some changes and I'm going to see how these make me feel. I hope to find that happy balance again instead of being pulled in a zillion different directions.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

You definitely need to find your happy place again. I can't imagine feeling like that. :( Everyone needs balance in their life--things can be really rough without it. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

eh? find your balance I don't get it. while you try to find your "balance" while working part time the rest of us will be working full time and balancing work and family and still being able to make it work.

Amber said...

Thanks Jessi! That means a lot to me. :)

Anonymous, first I am really curious who you are as you posted that comment without your name.

Anyway, EVERYONE needs to find a balance in life. It doesn't matter if you are a stay at home mom or wife, a single person, a person with a family and working full time, everybody needs to find a balance in their life. Granted some people are able to find and keep a balance better than others, but everyone needs a balance in their life, no matter their situation.

Cindy said...

I have semi-balance lol, I do have a routine I try to follow and it helps. I'm going to work harder to fnd a balance I think I would be a less stressed with a more even balance...maybe this would help me to NOT have a sharp tounge at times....you have given me lots to think about in the simple word "balance" Thanks!!
XOXO MA

Cindy said...

These words are in my horoscope for today how appropreate to this blog entry....

Ground yourself and find your center of balance - both literally and figuratively - before you proceed.

Leslie Jordan said...

Amber,

What a wonderful post! It is deep, reflective, and full of goodness. I feel like I understand a bit, and I only share that to say that you are not alone. You're right. Everyone, regardless of their circumstances, needs to find balance in life. And, the thing I find most challenging is that what may have been "balancing" at one point in my life may not be "balancing" to me anymore. Seems like things are always ebbing and flowing in life - including our need and search for balance. Sounds like you have some good insights and places to start. Please continue, if you want, to share. I would be interested to hear more about your journey to balance at this time in your life. I think we all learn from each other. Thank you for sharing. This post warmed my soul and made me think about things in my own life again. I need it too. Thank you.